This is the personal website of Benjamin Petersen, a web engineer and aspiring entrepreneur.
I’m currently traveling through Europe, starting in the east and heading west.
Since I quit my last programming job in June of 2017, I have:
- rehabbed my 1930s South Philadelphia row home
- sold, by owner, my home in less than 7 days
- moved to Medellín, Colombia and attended a local university to study Spanish
- delivered a somewhat well received wedding toast/speech without fainting
- biked across Arizona over 14 days with one of my mejor amigos
- developed a serious interest in micro farming and started a garden
- traveled across Vietnam on bike, bus, foot, plane, and scooter
- lived and traveled in India for two months
- became a certified Hatha Yoga teacher
I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. After graduating from Arizona State University, I relocated to Washington, DC for seven years. While there I: worked as a project manager at an educational non-profit; studied applied math and statistics at Georgetown University; built robust, predictive mathematical models across several industries; and learned to program Python and appreciate the wonders of modern computation.